JBL Terms & Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully before placing your order. When you place an order with ourselves we will assume that you are familiar with and are in agreement to be bound by the terms & conditions of sale, as detailed below. If you do not agree with any part of these terms & conditions please do not proceed with your order.
Terms & Conditions Applicable
1. Joynson-Bruvvers Limited trading as JBL Office (hereinafter referred to as “JBL”) is registered in England No. 1095099, the registered office is Nathan House, 168 – 170 Cumnor Road, Wootton, Boars Hill, Oxford, OX1 5JS and the VAT Registration No is 195 2759 22.
2. These Terms & Conditions shall apply to all contracts for the sale of goods (which expression shall where the context so permits include the supply of services) by JBL to a Buyer who is believed to be acting in the course of a business (including in the course of any business) to the exclusion of all other terms & conditions.
3. JBL reserve the right to withdraw from a transaction or contract to supply products or services at any time without explanation.
4. JBL reserve the right to add to, alter, amend or withdraw at any times without notice any of these Terms & Conditions.
Price & Availability
5. All prices stated within our catalogues, promotional brochures, written quotations or on our website are the firm prices at the time of publication. Whilst JBL has attempted to ensure that the information within its catalogues, promotional literature and website is correct at the time of publication they do not form part of any contract for the sale of goods or services. For technical reasons, colour illustrations should be viewed as a guide only.
6. JBL reserve the right to alter any selling price from time to time without prior notice being given. Any agreed contract rates will not be adjusted without prior notification with the Buyer.
7. All products detailed within any of JBL’s publications and on the JBL website are subject to VAT at the current rate wherever applicable. Should an item not be subject to VAT, JBL will not charge for it. If a Buyer claims to be VAT exempt, JBL would need to have sight of a VAT exemption certificate prior to processing any VAT exempt transactions.
8. All products detailed within any of JBL’s publications and on the JBL website are strictly subject to availability at the time of ordering. Should JBL fail to supply any products for any reason, we will not charge you for such products. JBL will however, aim to supply with your agreement, an alternative product of equal or greater quality at the same selling price where at all possible.
9. JBL will not accept responsibility for any compensation with regard to any losses, which the Buyer or its company may endure if we fail to supply a product or service as ordered.
10. Any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any of JBL’s literature, quotation, price list, order acknowledgement, acceptance of offer, invoice or other documentation issued by JBL shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of JBL.
11. For active account holders there is no minimum order value. Goods can only be supplied in their designated pack quantity or multiples thereof.
Orders are fulfilled on condition that:
12. All goods are paid for in full (or in part by special arrangement) at the time of ordering or within 30 days of the date of invoice if an account holder.
13. The Buyer accepts that the title to the goods remains with JBL until full payment has been received.
14. The Buyer accepts that JBL reserve the right to re-invoice to recover any discount or savings made on any goods supplied, where payment is outside agreed credit terms.
15. The Buyer agrees that JBL reserve the right to enter upon any premises where the goods may be found for the purpose of recovering possession of the goods.
16. The Buyer accepts any costs incurred by JBL when recovering such goods will be payable by the Buyer on demand.
17. Office Supplies: orders of £50+VAT or more (excluding furniture) UK delivery is free for account holders. For orders under £50+VAT there is a small order delivery charge of £5+VAT.
Furniture: for all orders (including chairs, desks, screens, notice or dry wipe boards, safes, seating etc.) delivery is quoted for and charged specific to each order depending upon item/s weight and delivery requirements.
18. JBL or its nominated third party agent will endeavor to deliver all ordered products to an agreed destination within the United Kingdom within the anticipated time frame of the Buyer; however fulfilling these expectations are not considered by JBL as a conditional part of any sale or contract.
19. The Buyer accepts that JBL cannot be held liable for any loss, damages or charges incurred because of late delivery of any products ordered.
20. Upon signature for the receipt of products at the address specified in your delivery instructions, the risk of damage to the goods shall pass to the Buyer.
21. JBL will endeavour to deliver any order free of charge; however the Buyer accepts that this is not always possible. Should JBL have to make a charge for delivery the Company will seek the approval from the Buyer of the costings involved before processing the order.
23. The Buyer accepts that claims or picking errors, shortages or items ordered in error must be requested for collection within 48 hours of receipt of goods. Any requests for collection, outside of this period or which were supplied through no fault of JBL Office, may be subject to a handling charge.
24. The Buyer accepts that should an item supplied by JBL fail during the product’s standard guarantee period, the manufacturer’s claims under warranty procedure will be adopted by the Company.
25. JBL guarantee to take any reasonable steps to ensure that the Buyer is best represented on a claim under warranty; however, should any dispute arise as a result of any claim, the Buyer accepts that the dispute is directly with the manufacturer and not with JBL.
26. The Buyer accepts that all items requested for collection for inspection/ credit/exchange must be unmarked, in a merchantable condition and in the manufacturer’s original and unmarked packaging at the time the goods are collected.
27. JBL reserve the right to make a charge for administration time, re-delivery of items or to make good any item that has been collected in good faith, any items which in its opinion do not meet the conditions of Returning Goods, item 26.
28. The Buyer accepts that any item which has been bought-in especially by JBL to fulfil the Buyers order cannot be returned unless agreed by JBL to be faulty, at which stage the manufacturer’s warranty terms may/will apply. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Privacy and Data Collection
29. The Buyer accepts that all personal information supplied to JBL in connection with an order will be treated in confidence and will not be sold on by JBL to a third party for commercial gain.
30. JBL reserve the right to use this information in the future to make Buyers aware of its latest promotions, services and new product launches, but will happily remove Buyers details from its records when requested in writing to do so.
31. JBL reserve the right to disclose any personal data to the police or any other regulatory authority should this be required or in the event of a complaint arising from any breach of these terms and conditions.